Badges, badges, badges. Fun, motivation, excitement. Ok, you get the point. Badges are a time tested (think like for 10,000 ago or more) method to bring out full achievement in students and adults. Everybody loves to receive recognition for things they have done.
The communication revolution (thanks Internet) means we can both give and display badges on a grander scale than ever before. Concordia is currently in a beta test stage for using badges with students and we would like to share our experiences so far.
This workshop will cover some of the ins and outs of using badges in and outside of the classroom.
* How it works
* Using Mozilla’s Open Badges Program
* How to issue badges
* How to display badges
* Badge use cases
* Setting up systems at your school to enable effective badge distribution
- Presentation Keynote as a PDF
- My badges presentation for the K12 Online Conference
- My Podcasts About Badging
- Mozilla Badge Tumblr Blog
- Regularly Updated Collection of Articles on Badges (Scoop.it)
- Concordia International School Shanghai Badging Program
- My Delicious Account, Keyword “Badges”
- WordPress Plugins
- Mozilla Badge Backpack
For those really into #punishing themselves, I have recorded this presentation. You can skip around to just the parts you need.